Thursday, February 5, 2015

A Different Era

Whats up everyone, I'm Justin Bauer welcome to my blog!

We all know those crazy hair bands of the 70's & 80's our parents still listen to on car trips, right?
Myself included are one those kids who was exposed to it on a regular basis. My blog is about difference between two eras. Being apart of the Millennial generation I've noticed shifts in pop-culture from the Rock genre of our elders to the cultural shift towards Pop, Hip-Hop, and Rap music. Not many people my age (college students) are familiar with up and coming bands because interest in rock n' roll just isn't the same as it use to be.

My goal for this blog is to share some insight on talented bands that are on the rise and those timeless bands you just can never get enough of! I also want to compare and contrast the different eras of rock music, I feel it's important to compare the different generations of rock bands to see what similarity there still are, how it has evolved, and where this genre of music is heading.

More detail is to come in my future posts, I'm looking forward to anyone's feedback and thoughts on the changes in pop culture. We all have different preferences of music and I welcome anybody's input!
                                                                 Eddie Van Halen
                                                   Photo by Larry Marano, Getty Images

1 comment:

  1. Although I enjoy almost any type of music, rock has to be one of my all time favorites. There is just something about the raw instrumental style of a good old rock n' roll tune.

    ReplyDelete