Saturday, April 25, 2015

Rocklahoma

May is upon us my friends that means it's time for rock festivals! These festivals are some of the largest events in America, the crowds at these concerts are enormous and so full of energy that I can't even describe the feeling. The concert I'd like to focus in this post is one of the largest 3 day music festivals in the entire nation, that's right I'm talking about...

                                                          (Photo from rocklahoma.com)

Going into their 8th year of this event they are hitting it in full stride with about 50 bands performing over Memorial weekend, the estimated attendance over the recent years have been near 100,000 people insane right? This is a great road trip for people who want to get out over the holiday, it's definitely worth the money spent whether it's just one day or the entire weekend! Below are some the household bands that will be performing throughout the weekend.


Friday May 22

  • Slayer
  • Godsmack
  • Papa Roach
  • Apocolyptica 
  • In This Moment

Saturday May 23

  • Linkin Park
  • Volbeat
  • Halestorm
  • The Pretty Reckless
  • Anthrax

Sunday May 24

  • Tesla
  • Breaking Benjamin
  • Otherwise
  • Of Mice & Men
  • Aranda
Wanna know more about Rocklahoma? Just click the link at the bottom of the page to view their full site. I highly recommend this event for people who are looking for an escape over the holiday weekend finals should be coming to an end for most students around this time. 
That means everyone will be able to relax and enjoy themselves while listening to some great rock n' roll! http://rocklahoma.com/index.html

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea Oklahoma held such a big Rock event. For the love of music I am going to have to make a trip some year now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rockahoma had me a papa roach, wooed me with linkin park, and won my heart with breaking benjamin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a big rock fan but I do like linkin park

    ReplyDelete